Beachy waves are out, bouncing soft perfect curls are in. Loose, sexy curls is where its at. If you have curly hair, Shielo will give you smooth, soft curls and eradicate that non-fashionable frizz. If your hair is fine or straight, Shielo will support you in creating and holding, a bouncing curl.
1. Prepare for CurlsTo prepare your hair for the curls, use the respective Shielo Shampoo and Conditioner for your hair type. For straight or limp hair, use the Shielo Volumizing Shampoo and Volumizing Conditioner. For color-treated or damaged hair, use the Color Protect Strengthen Shampoo and Reflecting Conditioner.
- While using the conditioner, use your hands or a wide-toothed comb to untangle your hair, starting at the bottom and working your way upwards. If needed, leave in the conditioner for three minutes prior to rinsing for extra moisture. This will also help avoid frizz.
- Apply a light coat of the Antioxidant Leave In Protectant, and use your fingers to spread the product evenly through your hair. For frizzy or highly textured hair, an additional application of the Leave In Protectant may be needed.
- Using your hands, not a brush, work in the Bounce Styling Creme into your hair as you blowdry your hair about 80% dry.
- Divide your hair into sections. Take a 1 inch section of hair and wind it around a curling iron in a corkscrew fashion. A large barreled curling iron is recommended for a more modern look. For best results, alternate the direction of each curl, winding one section backwards around the iron and the next one forwards.
4. Finishing Style
Use the Flexible Design Hair Spray to hold (not stiffen) your new curls in place. This texturizing spray will allow you to separate the curls and keep them from looking 'too perfect' for a more natural look.